Instead of eating fast food, make yourself a plate of spaghetti. It takes a few minutes and is a real treat.
Spaghetti with fresh tomato and basil is an institution in Naples.
Learn how to prepare them by following this quick and easy recipe for 4 people.
Spaghetti or vermicelli pasta 320 grams
Fresh cherry tomatoes 800 grams
Extra virgin olive oil
Garlic 1 clove
Basil to taste
Salt up to taste
1. Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a pan together with the peeled garlic clove. Fry over medium heat until the garlic turns blond. Be careful not to let it burn.
2. When the garlic becomes golden, add the cherry tomatoes that have been previously washed, dried and cut in half.
If the tomato splashes, immediately cover with a lid.
3. As soon as the sauce boils, lower the heat and simmer for 5 -10 minutes. Add the salt and remove the garlic.
4. Cook the spaghetti in a saucepan and drain them very al dente.
5. Toss the spaghetti in the pan with the sauce and mix everything over high heat for 1 minute.
Add plenty of basil and…
If you like, you can sprinkle with a handful of pecorino and grated parmesan.
Enjoy your spghetti al pomodoro!