Given the cold weather these days, today we offer you a cream of broccoli, cauliflower and potatoes that will warm your heart. It is rich and light and is prepared in less than an hour.
You can eat it for both lunch and dinner and instead of croutons you can add rice, pastina or other cereals.
You can make it more liquid or more creamy according to your tastes. It can be stored well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 2-3 days. Prepare your velvet soup in few steps:
1 onion (red or white)
1 clove of garlic
1 small cauliflower
1 crown of broccoli
to taste extra virgin olive oil
to taste fine salt
to taste parmigiano reggiano
1. Wash and clean the vegetables.
2. Peel the potatoes, rinse them under running water and cut them into chunks. The potatoes will make your soup thicker and creamier.
3. Slice the onion coarsely and crush the garlic.
4. Cook all the vegetables in a pot with water for at least 45 minutes.
5. Add a little salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
6. With the help of a hand blender, blend the vegetables. Broth made from vegetables can be used to adjust the thickness of your soup.
7. Arrange 3 croutons on the plate and pour the the velvety soup on croutons.
8. Serve and enjoy!